Cleaning streaks or marks off melteca
Q -How to remove smearing and fingermarks especially with darker colours
A - Apply one or two applications of acetone (available at pharmacies) and wipe over with a dry cloth.
Never use any of the following abrasive cleaners: Jif, Ajax, Chemico,Brasso, oven cleaners,neat Janola,wire wool,scourer pads, sandpaper.
- A soft cloth should always be used,apply cleaning products to the cloth rather than directly on to the product.
- Wash down with warm water with a small amount of detergent. For best results use streak-free glass cleaner with a soft cloth.
- For textured finishes(pearl, woodgrain and pure grain)the periodic use of a soft brush maybe necessary for the removal of dirt build-ups and residues left by some spray-on cleaners.
- Hair rinse, Janola (neat) Harpic, oven cleaners – wash with hot soapy water, then wipe dry.
- Fabric dye – wash with cold water, then wipe dry. Then apply methylated spirits and wipe dry.
- Battery acid, hydrogen peroxide, glue hardeners – wash with cold water then wipe dry.
- Hair dye – wash with methylated spirits then wipe dry.
- Leather dye – wash with methylated spirits then wipe dry. Follow with mineral turpentine,wash and
Stain and mark removal
- Stubborn marks or stains – apply Handy Andy or dilutedJanola (one part to three parts water),then wipe down with a warm damp cloth.
- Smearing, fingermarks, marking from cold or hot dishes,stickiness–apply one or two applications of acetone (available at pharmacies) and wipe over with a dry cloth.
- Newsprint – use methylated spirits or mineral turpentine
- Rust–use vinegar or lemon juice
- Pencil – use water and a damp cloth
- Feltpenordrymarker -use methylated spirits or acetone
- Paint–use acetone or Duco Lacquer thinners (from a paint shop)
- Glue–contact type–use Ados Solvent N (from a paint shop)
- Once again with any of the above use streak-free glass cleaner to remove any residues.